POST-SECONDARY TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Skills Training is available for qualified individuals either through postsecondary education providers or with an employer to learn new job skills while working.
- Update your skills or train for a new occupation.
- Assess your training needs and determine if you qualify for tuition assistance.
- Find approved training programs on the JobGateway website: https://www.jobgateway.pa.gov
- Learn new job skills while working.
- Must meet eligibility requirements of employer.
Health & Wellness Workshop
- Youth learn about the food groups, healthy life choices, nutrition and exercise. Wellness organizations participate in blood pressure screenings, glucose monitoring and flexibility and mobility activities.
- Youth are shown how to set up and maintain a monthly budget based upon their current income. They discuss how to set up and maintain checking and savings accounts, and the proper use of debit and credit cards. Youth learn the value of a solid credit score, and how it affects approval and interest rates of future loans. This workshop also covers the benefits of using coupons as a way to save money.
JTBC Budgeting Workshop
- Our staff travels to your school and presents this workshop in your school. Topics will include setting up and maintaining a monthly budget. There will be discussion on how to set up and maintain checking and savings accounts, and the proper use of debit and credit cards. Your students will learn the value of a solid credit score, and how it affects approval and interest rates of future loans. This workshop also covers the benefits of using coupons as a way to save money.
Skills assessment helps you make informed choices in determining your career path and corresponding training. Skills assessment is an important starting point in helping you not only to narrow and confirm your career pathway but to provide you with other potential career options that you may not have considered. JTBC administers the following reliable test instruments to measure skill levels, aptitudes, and abilities:
Compute-A-Match System for Assessment and Group Evaluation (SAGE)
- Computerized and manual testing system that assesses academic, as well as hands on testing of motor skills, such as hand eye coordination.
- Results focus on strengths, are easy to understand and are available within one week.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- Compliant with ADA regulations.
Contact JTBC to sign up for the next class.