Job Training for Beaver County, Inc. offers a variety of services designed to help Job Seekers find and maintain employment in the present work climate. Retraining is available to those who qualify. Job Training for Beaver County partners with CareerLink Beaver County to provide workshops that help with resumes, cover letters and all that is involved in reentering the workforce.
→Job Search Tools and Tips
- Learn ways to upgrade your resume.
- Discover how to write cover letters that address employment needs of employers.
- Gain an understanding of networking skills and interviewing etiquette.
→Job Search Jump Start Workshop
- Revise you resume to attract the attention of employers.
- Receive a hands-on overview of the Commonwealth Workforce Development System’s (CWDS) job search database and tools.
- Learn how to search for jobs more efficiently with better results.
- Update your skills or training for a new occupation.
- Assess your training needs and determine if you qualify for up to $8,000 in funded tuition assistance.
- Find approved training programs on the PA CareerLink website: www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us.
- Learn new job skills while working and earning a wage. The average starting wage is nearly $15.00 per hour, with wages reaching as high as $27.00 per hour.
- Here are a few of the positions that have benefited from On-the-Job Training support:
◊ Crane Operator
◊ Maintenance Electrician
◊ Customer Service Representative
◊ Machine Operator
◊ School Admissions Representative
◊ Maintenance Technician
◊ Parts Manager
◊ Quality Assurance Clerk
◊ HVAC Service Technician
◊ Administrative Assistant
◊ Driver/Floor Hand
- Priority is given to veterans.
- Must meet eligibility requirements.
ADDITIONAL OJT FUNDS FOR EMPLOYERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH A NATIONAL EMERGENCY GRANT NEG OJT poster 2013
- Computerized and manual testing system that assesses academic as well as hands on testing of motor skills such as hand eye coordination.
- Results focus on strengths and are available within one week as well as easy to understand.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- Compliant with ADA regulations.
- Skills needed in all occupations – skilled or professional – and at any level of education.
- A job skills assessment system that helps employers make informed hiring decisions.
- Measures “Real World” skills critical to job success.
- Work CertifiedTM is a nationally recognized Workforce Readiness Program that addresses how to build and validate skills that employers want.
- To become Work CertifiedTM you must master 59 competencies scoring 80% or better.
- Job Seekers who achieve certification are more successful in their job search because they have excellent work ethics, motivation and initiative.
- Work CertifiedTM credential is recognized by over 60 Beaver County employers.
-PA CareerLink®: www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us
-Occupation Information O*Net: http://online.onetcenter.org/
-Pittsburgh Post Gazette: http://post-gazette.com/
-State Civil Service Jobs: http://www.scsc.state.pa.us/
-Federal Government Jobs: www.usajobs.gov
PA 211 Southwest: www.pa211sw.org